Software Tech Lead
Riverside empowers media companies to record podcasts and video interviews remotely in studio-quality. Since launching, we have experienced rapid growth and are trusted by customers such as Spotify, NY Times, NBC, CNN, and iHeartMedia.
At Riverside, every engineer is a product engineer. Our engineers are focused on building the easiest and most powerful content creation platform and bringing value to thousands of creators around the world. They love the fact that their favorite dev podcast (https://webrush.io/) is recorded with the software they built.
At Riverside, we were the first to record local video in the browser. And our next features are even more bold and innovative. This is your chance to be a key player in a world-class fastly growing team.
About the position:
- Work to solve complex and intricate technical problems on multiple levels including code, architecture, and product and find balanced, practical solutions for the present and the future of our video solutions
- Be a role model and technical mentor to other engineers, inspiring others to take initiatives and developing a cohesive and innovative technical vision
- BSc (or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field
- 6+ years of industry experience in a production web environment, ideally with a focus on video, with a deep understanding of web standards and modern frameworks
- Deep understanding of core web development and performance, specifically on the client
- Strong CS fundamentals and experience with video creation, editing, and playback
- Understanding of uncompressed video formats and codecs (e.g. HLS, MPEG-DASH)
- Experience in mentoring engineers, being a technical leader both in the solutions and execution
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills