Riverside empowers media companies to record podcasts and video interviews remotely in studio-quality. Since launching, we have experienced rapid growth and are trusted by customers such as Spotify, NY Times, NBC, CNN and iHeartMedia.
About the role
Joining Riverside means being part of a content revolution in which everyone is creating content from everywhere.
As a Video Processing Engineer at Riverside, you will be responsible for developing cutting-edge frameworks for composing image & video outputs, converting audio & video files, and implementing video compression/processing features. You will be part of a talented engineering team focused on revolutionizing video streaming & recording in the web. This is your chance to be a part of a world class team.
What you bring to the table
- BSc (or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field
- Strong CS fundamentals and experience with video creation, editing, and playback
- Familiarity with multimedia stream data processing flow
- Advanced experience with complex FFMPEG filters
- Familiarity with video codecs, compression standards, and video streaming protocols
- Knowledge of image and video quality metrics and standards.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, particularly in areas relevant to video processing (e.g., linear algebra, signal processing, optimization).
- Experience with GPU programming (CUDA or OpenCL) for video processing acceleration is a plus.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Background in image and video processing
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- 3+ years experience with and proficiency in NodeJS, Python
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal)
- Experience developing in a multi-threaded environment
- Experience with WebRTC
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with C/C++