It’s an exciting time to join Riverside!
Riverside empowers media companies to record podcasts and video interviews remotely in studio-quality. Since launching, we have experienced rapid growth and are trusted by customers such as Spotify, NY Times, NBC, CNN, and iHeartMedia.
We are now looking for an experienced and dedicated VP of Finance who will be responsible for leading and growing our Finance department and overseeing all financial and accounting activities - including budget management, financial analysis, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial operations, investors relations and more.
Ultimately, you will work closely with the CRO and the executive team as a partner and advisor to build our overall financial strategic planning.
What you will do:
- Work with the CEO and CRO to maintain and continuously improve the profitability and cash generation of the commercial operations of the business
- Manage the day to day accounting and reporting responsibilities of the function, including financial and management accounting
- Preparation of internal financial information and KPIs as needed by the business and other reports and/or financial information required by third parties on a regular basis
- Lead founding rounds and investor relations
- Grow, lead and inspire the finance team to ensure that all business objectives and team KPIs are met. Establish and set team KPI’s.
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements and supporting schedules for the auditors, quarterly VAT returns and other tax compliance and regulatory/external compliance reports
- Cashflow forecasting and active monitoring and management of the cash requirements of the business
- Oversee the budget process, collecting the inputs, and comparing the company’s actual performance against the budgeted targets.
- Establish strong working relationships across the business to ensure accurate and timely financial information is provided to and/or obtained as and when required
- Ad hoc project work and financial analysis as required to support the business.
Requirements and skills
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, a deep understanding of financial systems and processes with experience in SaaS startups at a hyper growth mode.
In more details, we are looking for someone who has:
- Proven work experience as a VP of Finance or similar role in a hyper growth SaaS company.
- Experience in partnering with Chief Revenue Officer & Chief Executive Officer to establish and track revenue goals.
- Experience managing and growing finance functions
- Strong FP&A and reporting experience
- In-depth knowledge of financial benchmarking, accounting, audit and tax compliance and other regulatory matters.
- Adept in fiscal management principles and processes, including resource management and needs assessment.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload
- Able to communicate to a variety of stakeholders, effectively ensuring broad understanding
- Proven commercially sound judgment and excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with self serve and Sales driven models - Big advantage