It's an exciting time to join Riverside! We have all the right ingredients—money, talented people, and a large user base—to turn Riverside into a generational company with tremendous impact.
Riverside democratizes video and podcast creation. Since launching in August 2020, we have experienced very rapid growth and are trusted by high-profile people such as Hillary Clinton, Obama, Bill Gates, and businesses such as Spotify, Apple, Microsoft, NY Times, NBC, CNN, and iHeartMedia.
We’re building something special here, and we're looking for a VP of R&D who will grow our Engineering organization, provide technical leadership and guidance, oversee the development of new products, and implement long-term technology strategies. This position reports directly to the CEO and is a significant part of our leadership team at Riverside.
The right candidate is very technical, always continues to learn, is excited about technology, and drives technical excellence, with amazing people and leadership skills.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Leading and scaling our engineering organization of over 70 people and hiring top-talent engineers and engineering managers.
- Setting a vision and strategy for R&D, aligned with company goals.
- Leading innovation and creativity within teams.
- Being a dominant voice in tech architecture, tech decisions and best solutioning
- Growing Tech Managers and engineers (Mentoring, growth programs, etc)
- Developing a product roadmap in partnership with product and ensuring execution is predictable, reliable, and sustainable
- Pushing product for best technical delivery
- Collaborate closely with our CEO and other stakeholders to define and execute the technology roadmap
- And so much more!
What are we looking for:
- Past successes in leading R&D org of over 60 people, managing tech managers, ideally within a startup context.
- Experience in leading innovation and creativity within teams.
- Deep technical understanding, experience, vision and passion
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems efficiently.
- Strong communication skills to articulate complex technical concepts to stakeholders.
- Experience in building web apps both front-end and backend (Ideally React /Node.js) with a track record of delivering high-quality web applications.
- Advantageous skills: AI, Cloud platform experience (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP), DevOps practices.
- Experience with FFmpeg, Nodejs, Webrtc, Libav, - Advantage
- BSc/ MSc in Computer Science/ computer engineering or Similar from a top university - Advantage
- Ability to build and motivate a team of high-performing individuals
What We Offer:
- A unique, exciting product that leads its industryA fast growing startup that leads through
- personal and technological excellence
- The opportunity to shape the future of media technology
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Work with a world-class team of developers and leaders
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, options, generoup PTO, Paternity leave and more!
If you're a visionary technical leader with a passion for people, AI, and fast-moving technology we want to hear from you